Here are some local events which may be of interest to you. Click the event name or download the brochure to view more details. Contact the event organiser for additional information.
If you would like to advertise your upcoming event, please email email@example.com.
Creating a socially just, inclusive and age-friendly City
The City of Newcastle Council is working on a new social strategy, the Local Social. This strategy will set Newcastle’s aspirations for a socially just and inclusive city and will guide our collaborations for social change over the next decade. This period also coincides with the World Health Organisation Decade of Healthy Ageing.
In this meeting we will consider five main priorities and the opportunities for our community:
• Overcoming social isolation and creating connections
• Affordable, age-friendly housing
• Employment, education, and community participation opportunities past age 50
• Education, training and employment opportunities in aged-care sector and other services
• Services for older people and how to access them (including, but not limited to formal aged care)
We will also be joined by colleagues from the City of Unley who will share their experiences of creating an age friendly, connected community in South Australia.
When: 5 August 2021
Location: Fort Scratchley Function Centre